Monday, June 2, 2008

Where is the Quick Launch Toolbar Folder Located?

I've talked before about how to customize one's Quick Launch folder in your Taskbar to keep your most used applications easily accessible. You now know that oftentimes you can just drag and drop icons into the Quick Launch toolbar, and reorder them as you want, and you can easily delete by right clicking on an icon. But do you know where the actual folder of icons that make up your Quick Launch Folder is located?

Using Windows Explorer, you can find your Quick Launch folder here:


C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

Ridiculous that it's in the Internet Explorer folder, further reminder of MS trying to shove IE down our necks.

I also just searched around and found this message board post that showed the order of Quick Launch icons in the registry, which is located here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\Streams\Desktop\Taskbar
The actual registry entry is really complicated and seems to require another program to decipher and edit. I don't recommend it myself, just drag and drop to change the order yourself!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

2 comments:

Taj said...

After trying all the custom launchers I find that the Quick Launcher suits my needs just fine. Everything all backed-up now. Thanks for the info and yes, I realize I'm responding to a 3 year old blog.

Taj said...

After trying all the custom launchers I find that the Quick Launcher suits my needs just fine. Everything all backed-up now. Thanks for the info and yes, I realize I'm responding to a 3 year old blog.