Saturday, March 15, 2008

Access Task Manager Without CTRL-ALT-DEL

This is something I stumbled upon randomly a week or two ago, which is funny because this is far after I'd put a concerted effort to get my background applications in order:

The way I'd always known to access the Task Manager (aka the window that shows you all the currently running programs) was to hit CTRL-ALT-DEL. But that tends to lock access to the rest of your desktop, and I know people who aren't comfortable hitting CTRL-ALT-DEL out of habit (it was, of course, what you'd hit to force restart way back when).

But did you know you can access the Task Manager by right clicking on an empty area of your taskbar, and clicking on "Task Manager?"

While I advocate using keyboard shortcuts whenever possible, this actually seems simpler, and for some reason, safer.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

5 comments:

eldorel said...

I usually use Ctrl+Shift+Esc. It's easier to use both hands, but for me is 1000 times easier that either the three finger salute, or the taskbar shortcut...

Anonymous said...

Great tip.. Especially for the times when you're using a remote desktop connection with another computer that freezes.

Unknown said...

thx great help

Anonymous said...

Thank you!

Scott Bliss said...

Awesome -- perfect for remote desktop. Thank ya