Saturday, March 29, 2008

Automatically Publish Future Blogger Articles

I am so happy to have found out about this feature that I had to blog about it immediately... in fact, I found it by searching the exact phrase that I chose as the title to today's article, it only seemed fitting.

A week ago I'd mused about a way to have Blogger automatically post an article on a future date and time that I specify. This would've come in handy last weekend when I was out on vacation, not being able to publish articles I'd already written for the days I'd be out, because I couldn't even get enough internet time to hit "Publish."

Well, turns out there's a beta service that Blogger's testing called Blogger in Draft, which makes it so that when you modify the date of your Blog post by hitting Post Options, when you hit "Publish Post" it will not publish the post until the date and time you had specified.

All you need to do to use this new feature is go to http://draft.blogger.com instead of the usual http://www.blogger.com (I've already changed my bookmark), and the feature will be activated.

I haven't yet tested this feature, but let's just say that if this article, which was written Thursday night, March 27th, actually publishes itself on Saturday, March 29th, at 11 am, then the system works!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments: