Friday, February 15, 2008

Recycling Bin in QuickLaunch

A quickie for today: As part of my crusade to have a fully functional but iconless desktop, I decided to put the Recycling Bin into the Quick Launch bar. See below:

It was really easy to implement: I just dragged the Recycling Bin into the Quick Launch bar, and I was all set to go! The icon has all the functionality of its desktop counterpart and still shows the full icon when there's something in there. And you can still right click to get your usual Recycle Bin context menu.

The best function of this is that I can access the Recycle Bin without having to reveal the desktop. In fact, I just realized that I still had the Show Desktop shortcut in my Quick Launch bar. Why? I have no more icons to access back there. I may just go ahead and delete it!

And remember, Autohotkey users can check out this article on how to make a hotkey for emptying the Recycle Bin.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments: