Friday, April 11, 2008

Set Google Default Date Range View to "Today"!

By default the date range for Google Analytics is the past 30 days, which is fine, except it doesn't include the current day. If you're as addicted to checking stats as I am, you want to know how how your site is doing that very day.

Luckily, instead of having to constantly change the date range in GA to show the current day, blog DansNetwork (run by a guy named Dan, obviously, whose last name I couldn't catch), has written a Greasemonkey* script that sets GA to automatically show the current day by default. Click that link to find the script, I don't find it fair for me to show it here myself.

*Greasemonkey is a Firefox extension that lets you install custom scripts that alters the appearance and functionality of specific websites using Javascript. Many people swear by it, but I don't use it all that often. I've been meaning to write an article on it, but mice and men, you know what I mean? If you don't have Greasemonkey yet, check out their official site and learn more for yourself now.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

1 comment:

Steve Jobs said...

Nice, hope it still works today!

http://bit.ly/dI3hcF