Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Due in 2 Weeks!

Oh man, Windows XP Service Pack 3 is due to hit Windows Update on April 29th! Early Release Candidate reports have claimed up to a 10% performance boost (yes!) and better network performance (not as important to me, but I'm sure good for others). This'll be the last Service Pack for Windows XP (meanwhile Vista's Service Pack 1 is already causing problems)

Even awesomer reason to hold on to Windows XP versus moving up to Vista! I've been waiting for this for several months now, and I'm super psyched that it gets me even more mileage out of my current system. Here's hoping it can actually speed up rendering of my video projects and increase performance of my games.

Has anyone out there actually tried the previous SP3 release candidates, and can you vouch for these performance gains?

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments: